I was over the moon when Preksha from That Indian Chick nominated me for my first ever blog award – the Liebster Award! I was so happy and grateful to know that someone not only reads my ramblings but enjoys them – what a boost! It made my day 🙂 Preksha blog is really fabulous and has loads of great reviews of beauty products – I follow her avidly and you should check out her site too!
The Liebster Award is specifically for bloggers with less than 200 follows. This is great because it gives bloggers from all over to discover new bloggers and become more connected within the blogging community – promoting new bloggers who otherwise may not get seen! Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you
2. You must answer the 11 questions given my the person who nominated you
3. You must nominate 11 of your favourite blogs and give them 11 of your own questions to answer
4. You can’t nominate back the person who nominated you … and finally …
5. Make sure you let the bloggers know you’ve nominated them by sending them a message!
1. What’s the first think you do when you wake up in the morning?
Breakfast! I’m such a foodie – it’s always on my mind!
2. Who’s your celebrity crush?
Benedict Cumberbach – He’s just gorgeous all over!
3. Why did you first start blogging?
I started blogging because I love reading other people’s beauty blogs and I thought it would be a great way to share my ideas and get to know other people who love the same things as me!
4. What is your dream job?
Errr… If I could just be Anna Wintour, that would be fab! ha!
5. What was your favorite book to read when growing up?
Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl
6. What do you do to relax?
Read or take a nap – I did my degree in English Lit … only because I couldn’t do one in napping!
7. Who is one person you can’t live without, other than your family?
Oh wow, one person, that is so hard! I’m very close to three girls I lived with a couple of years ago – I share everything with them and don’t know what I would do without them!
8. What are you top 3 make up products?
Liquid liner, Lipstick and Mascara – whole look with just those three!
9. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully finally qualified as a lawyer with my own apartment and a job at a nice London firm!
10. If you were stuck on an island, what 3 things would you want with you?
Suncream – I have such English skin and burn even when sat in the shade (how?!)
An endless supply of books
11. What is the meaning behind the name of your blog?
People always refer to makeup as putting on their ‘war paint’ but I think that sounds a bit aggressive for something that is so creative .. it’s not war paint … it’s painting yourself pretty 🙂
Thank you so much again to Preksha again for nominating me! I loved those questions and feel so good for being a part of this blogging community!
1. Who is your style/beauty icon?
2. Diamonds or pearls?
3. Do you have any goals for your blog in 2014?
4. False hair, nails and eyelashes – do you wear them and what are your faves?
5. What is your favourite way to pamper and spoil yourself?
6. Would you rather only wear dresses or jeans for the rest of your life?
7. Which beauty product are you most obsessed with and can’t stop buying?
8. Describe your perfect date!
9. Do you prefer Summer or Winter and why?
10. What song really get’s you in the mood for a fun night?
11. Do you have any must-have phone apps?
I would like to nominate … Spatter of Beauty … Pretty Pleased … Sparkle and Color … Glam Packed … Cherry Blossom 15 … Devon Jane Beauty … Tara Filliater Makeup Artist … Izzie’s Beauty Blog … It’s An Addiction … Nail Virtuoso …and finally … Hazzy’s Beauty Guide!
Happy blogging guys! I look forward to reading all your answers and seeing who you nominate – would love to find some exciting new blogs to follow!